Kitchen remodelling is the process of changing a kitchen’s format to a completely new one. This can be done by changing its structure through construction and demolition.
In order to remodel a kitchen; this requires experience and expertise as the process itself is a challenging one. At The Ratio Interiors, we offer various services provided to you by our experts, such as:
- Loft conversion
- Commercial projects
- Design & build services
Best Kitchen Remodel Ideas and Tips
Our kitchen experts have come provided their top suggestions for kitchen remodelling and this is what they said;
1. Prioritize Essentials
Understanding your kitchen’s layout and prioritizing essentials is an important key. The kitchen layout can come in various options, some of them being;
- Single Wall
- Gallery Kitchen
- Kitchen island orientation and many more.
Whichever type of kitchen layout it is, the kitchen work triangle concept is an efficient one as it will make using your kitchen easier. The kitchen work triangle concept allows you to have an excellent workflow within the kitchen’s space, from the step of taking the food out from the refrigerator to having sufficient space to prepare and defrost the food, to then cooking the food on the stove.
The work triangle formation will ensure a fluent workflow within your kitchen.
2. Optimising Space
When it comes to kitchens, size is an essential factor to consider as the layout is dictated by the size available. You can fit a large kitchen cabinet if you have a wide space. If the space you have is limited, then space optimization is something you should look into as it is key to having a productive workspace. Here are some tips to optimise your space:
- Merging the dining table and the kitchen island will allow you to have a larger centrepiece
- Instead of having an empty splashback, utilise the space for cups or pans & pots and a small storage area.
- Store your extra items in the cabinet doors, however, make sure that whatever you place in there is not too heavy to avoid misalignments for your doors.
- Most of the time, L-Shaped and U-Shaped kitchens would have the issue of inaccessible corners. That’s why you should maximize usage of the corners; kitchen accessories solutions i.e. spice racks etc will be convenient for those types of issues. You should consider having a customised cover that could be placed above your cooking hobs or even a chopping board that fits over the sink, with that, you are more open for additional preparation space where necessary.
3. Opting for the right appliances
It is vital that you pick appliances based on their functionalities and not their looks. A lot of clients tend to buy appliances based on their looks, then they realise later that it doesn’t meet their needs.
Also, choose appliances that can give you sufficient storage and look well matched in your kitchen, sometimes it is appealing to get bigger pieces of furniture i.e. fridge, because it looks better, however, if you buy a 30″ refrigerator instead of a 36″, you gain an additional 6″ of countertop space that you could use.
4. Get a Lighting Design
Lighting designs in the kitchen not only give the kitchen an aesthetic look but it is also a crucial factor for a functional kitchen. Here are some tips to improve the lighting in your kitchen:
- In addition to installing lighting at the centre of the kitchen pathways, you could also install lighting above the kitchen worktop because if you are standing in front of the worktop with an overhung cabinet above and the only lighting in the kitchen is above you, you will be casting a shadow of yourself which could potentially cause the vision to be unclear.
- Installing lighting underneath the overhang cabinets is a great idea to light up the kitchen top evenly; makes it more comfortable and safer for preparation.
- Striping lights inside of the kitchen’s cabinet will enhance the visual impact of your entire kitchen, making it more modern and pleasant to look at.
- The placement of lighting should also be considered if the display items are focal points, the lighting position should be placed in front of the object, however, if the display items are too messy and irregular, the lighting positioning could be placed behind the object and the carcass design would be highlighted instead creating an amazing outcome of the display of the kitchen.
5. Buy Kitchen Hardware on Amazon
You can find great hardware items from Amazon, there are many cost-effective and high-quality items to choose from, with the added benefit of being delivered right to you. Instead of going shop to shop to find the item that you’re looking for, also, you have the ability to compare prices from different vendors! Check out some of these hardware items that you could potentially use for renovation:
Kitchen pulls: https://amzn.to/2XHmN8w
Stud finder: https://amzn.to/3fAL9XC
Floating Shelf Brackets: https://amzn.to/2XId6Xh
Range hood: https://amzn.to/3ipsAHw
Kitchen Faucet: https://amzn.to/3ktJir4
Some ‘Don’ts’ for your Kitchen remodel:
In our many years of providing these services we have, unfortunately, run into a number of clients who have made similar decisions they have later regretted; but what are mistakes if not learnt from? We have created a list of ‘don’ts’ so that you may avoid any of these mistakes:
- Don’t buy your kitchen’s appliances without measuring the current space of your kitchen
- Avoid choosing a small double sink, it will be hard to wash dishes in those
- Don’t leave your fridge hanging there, get a built-in fridge as it will save space and give it a better look
- Avoid choosing bad quality countertops to save money
- Don’t position your cabinets at a level that is not up all the way to the ceiling
Kitchen Remodel Average Cost
A basic kitchen remodel quote in the UK will range from £6,000 to £18,000. A mid-range quote in the UK will range from £25,000 to 35,000. Finally, the advanced high-end quote in the UK will range from £45,000 to £60,000.
We understand that property is one of the biggest assets in your life. At The Ratio we offer you a way to not only increase its value but also add new and exciting spaces to enjoy.
Our services are in and around London and surrounding areas, allowing us to always keep up to date with the latest trends and standards to make us stand out from our competitors.
If you have any questions about your project, please feel free to contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form on our get a quote page to request a call back.